The following rules apply to the NYDF’s 2020 Edition:
- The New York Dance Festival 2020 is sanctioned by the National Dance Council of America. No responsibility for loss, damage or theft of property left in the changing rooms, ballrooms or hotel can be accepted by the New York Dance Festival, its organizers, or by the National Dance Council of America. Everyone attending does so at his or her own risk and expressly and irrevocably wave any claim or claims against the NDCA, New York Dance Festival, its organizers, employees and representatives arising from loss, Personal injury, death or damage associated with this event. All persons attending this event, whether as spectators, competitors, officials, or guests of the organizer, shall be bound by the National Dance Council of America, Inc. rules, and by participating in this event automatically become obligated to adhere to them.
- All closed events will be invigilated as per the NDCA rule book.
- 4 Pro-Am single dances are required per Pro-Am multi dance event.
- Events with less than 3 entries may be cancelled or combined. Prize monies may be reduced in events with less than 3 entries.
- For the Pro-Am 9 Dance and 10 Dance Championships, competitors must dance with the same teacher for all dances.
- Please make sure that you have your completed entry forms and payments returned to us by our closing date of February 1, 2020. Changes or additions to entries after the deadline will be accepted at the sole discretion of the organizers. Please note that a $50 late fee per person will be charged after February 1, 2020.
- Cancellation/Refund Policy: Cancellation must be made in writing. Cancellations received prior to February 1, 2020 will receive a refund by mail no later than 30 days after completion of the event minus a $50 service charge. No refunds will be issued for package and/or entry cancellations received after February 1, 2020. There are no refunds or exchanges on general admission tickets. Credit or partial credit toward entry fees for the following year, may be considered at the sole discretion of the organizers in cases of emergency only when notified prior to the start of the competition and when accompanied by a physician’s certificate. Canceled entries taken at the event cannot be substituted by another entry and no refund will be made on such a cancellation.
- Please make checks payable to NYDF. Studio checks and personal checks will not be accepted after the deadline. Any payments received after the deadline must be in the form of Cash, Cashier’s Check or Money Order. We do not accept credit cards at this time.
- Outstanding balances must be paid before packages, tickets and competitor numbers can be released.
- Each participant will be given a heat list showing what heat and time he/she is dancing. Please be advised that the time listed is approximate and subject to change. Each competitor should be present in the ballroom at least 30 minutes prior to his/her scheduled dance time. When you receive your heat sheet, please check and make sure your dances, levels, and ages are correct. We need to be made aware of any mistakes as soon as possible.
- All seats in the ballroom are numbered and match ticket numbers. Seating is assigned when tickets are ordered. Therefore any groups wishing to sit together should order tickets at the same time.
- Please note the hotel deadline is February 1, 2020.
- All professional dancers and amateur couples must be currently registered with the National Dance Council. If you are not on the NDCA roster and do not have a current card or a receipt showing you have paid for a current registration, you will be required to register at the competition or you will not be allowed to compete. To register contact Eleanor Wiblin at the NDCA, PO Box 22018, Provo, Utah 84062; 801.422.8124; or register online at www.NDCA.org/registration
- There is no entry fee for Top Teacher.
- This is a unisex competition.
- Teachers must meet the minimum of Pro-Am entries in order to be eligible for top teacher awards.
- Point accumulation:
Pro-Am Adult – 1 or 2 Dance Entries
Pro-Am Adult – 3 4 or 5 Dance Entries
|1st Place||8 points|
|2nd Place||7 points|
|3rd Place||6 points|
|4th Place||5 points|
|5th Place||4 points|
|6th Place||3 points|
|7th Place||2 points|
|8th Place||1 point|
|1st Place||20 points|
|2nd Place||15 points|
|3rd Place||10 points|
|4th Place||8 points|
|5th Place||6 points|
|6th Place||4 points|
|7th Place||2 points|
|8th Place||2 points|
|Solos & Proficiencies||1 point|